Join the Crew 2023
We are fully staffed for the 2023 season! Please check back in January if you are seeking seasonal employment in 2024.
QUALITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
- Can adapt easily and willingly to fluctuations throughout the day including: schedule, temperature/weather/precipitation, and job duties
- Is capable of openly receiving feedback about how to increase the pace of efficient work
- Loves to be outdoors, participating in physical activity, in a beautiful space with fun-loving coworkers
- Exhibits hardcore motivation, always, even about the end of day cocktail and the early morning harvest
- Shows up fully, every day, with a positive attitude, a good sense of humor and finds joy in engagement
- Views customer interactions of all kinds as an opportunity for mutual learning and growth, and approaches them with an earnest sense of purpose and a heartfelt sincerity no matter if it’s at the farm or on the road delivering
- Sees value in all the work of everyday farming and rises to every occasion
- Able to work collaboratively and compassionately with people from diverse backgrounds in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, political beliefs and religion.
- Possesses a commitment to understanding and embracing the broader philosophy of sustainable, family-scale farming as an occupation and a lifestyle
- Has the ability to take initiative as their knowledge base develops and possesses a high level of self motivation
- Must LOVE the smell of leaf mulch
A note about COVID - while much of our work happens outdoors in open air, Broadturn Farm will follow all CDC and state mandates to ensure the safety of our crew and customers. This may include wearing masks when indoors or not socially distanced, proper sanitation, and staggered work schedules when necessary. We hold our staff accountable when at work and expect them to maintain the same level of safety in their personal lives. If you have any questions about our protocols please do not hesitate to ask.